Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CHINAMFG requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
How do HRC Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
HRC (Highly Resilient Coupling) couplings offer specific advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, making them suitable for certain applications while not ideal for others. Here is a comparison of HRC couplings with some other common coupling types:
- HRC Couplings vs. Flexible Couplings: HRC couplings and flexible couplings both provide some degree of misalignment compensation and damping of vibrations. However, flexible couplings typically offer higher torsional flexibility and better misalignment accommodation than HRC couplings. HRC couplings may have limitations in terms of angular and parallel misalignment compared to certain types of flexible couplings.
- HRC Couplings vs. Gear Couplings: Gear couplings are more robust and can handle higher torque capacities than HRC couplings. They are suitable for heavy-duty applications that demand higher torque transmission and greater misalignment accommodation. However, gear couplings may be more expensive and less forgiving in case of misalignment.
- HRC Couplings vs. Disc Couplings: Disc couplings offer excellent misalignment compensation and torsional stiffness. They can handle high-speed applications and provide precise torque transmission. However, disc couplings are generally more expensive than HRC couplings and may require more frequent maintenance.
- HRC Couplings vs. Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings are simple and cost-effective but offer limited misalignment accommodation compared to HRC couplings. They are suitable for light to moderate loads and lower torque applications.
Ultimately, the choice of coupling type depends on the specific requirements of the application. HRC couplings are well-suited for applications where moderate misalignment compensation is needed, and cost-effectiveness is a consideration. They are commonly used in pumps, compressors, conveyor systems, and other industrial machinery.
When selecting a coupling, factors such as torque capacity, speed, misalignment requirements, environmental conditions, and maintenance considerations should be taken into account. It is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts to ensure the appropriate coupling is chosen for optimal performance and reliability in the given application.
What Industries Commonly Use HRC Couplings for Power Transmission?
HRC (Highly Resilient Coupling) couplings are widely used in various industries for power transmission applications. Some of the common industries where HRC couplings are utilized include:
1. Manufacturing Industry: HRC couplings are extensively used in manufacturing plants for powering various machinery such as conveyor systems, pumps, compressors, fans, and machine tools. Their ability to dampen vibrations and accommodate misalignment makes them suitable for a range of manufacturing processes.
2. Petrochemical Industry: The petrochemical industry often employs HRC couplings in pumps, blowers, and agitators used for processing and transporting various chemicals and petrochemical products. These couplings help ensure smooth power transmission and protect equipment from shocks and vibrations.
3. Mining Industry: In the mining sector, HRC couplings are used in crushers, mills, conveyor belts, and other heavy-duty equipment. They are chosen for their durability and ability to handle high torque loads, which are common in mining operations.
4. Water and Wastewater Treatment: Water treatment plants and wastewater facilities utilize HRC couplings in pumps, mixers, and aerators to efficiently move and treat water and sewage. The couplings’ shock absorption capability helps reduce wear and tear on the equipment.
5. Power Generation: Power plants, both conventional and renewable, often use HRC couplings in generators, turbines, cooling tower fans, and other critical equipment. The couplings’ ability to handle high torque and dampen vibrations is beneficial in power generation applications.
6. Paper and Pulp Industry: In paper mills and pulp processing facilities, HRC couplings are employed in various stages of the manufacturing process, including pumps, agitators, and roll drives. They contribute to efficient power transmission and minimize downtime.
7. Steel and Metal Industry: The steel and metal processing industry relies on HRC couplings in rolling mills, furnaces, and other heavy machinery. These couplings assist in transmitting power effectively while absorbing shock loads and accommodating misalignment.
These are just a few examples, and HRC couplings find applications in numerous other industries, such as food and beverage, automotive, chemical, and construction, where reliable power transmission and protection of connected equipment are essential.
Explanation of HRC Coupling and Its Functionality
An HRC coupling, also known as a “Highly Resilient Coupling” or “Jaw Coupling,” is a type of flexible shaft coupling used to connect two shafts in mechanical power transmission systems. It is designed to transmit torque while accommodating minor shaft misalignments and dampening vibrations.
How HRC Coupling Works:
The HRC coupling consists of three main components:
Two Hubs: Each hub has a set of curved jaws with teeth that mesh together when the coupling is assembled. The hubs are typically made of steel or cast iron and are connected to the respective shafts of the driving and driven equipment.
Elastomeric Spider: The elastomeric spider is the flexible element of the coupling and is placed between the two hubs. It is commonly made of a synthetic rubber material such as polyurethane. The spider’s unique design allows it to deform under torque, transmitting power while accommodating angular and parallel misalignments between the shafts.
When the HRC coupling is in operation, the driving shaft rotates, and the torque is transmitted through the hubs to the elastomeric spider. As the spider deforms, the jaws of the hubs move relative to each other, accommodating any misalignment between the shafts. This flexibility helps to reduce the transmission of vibrations and shock loads from one shaft to the other, thus protecting the connected equipment.
HRC couplings are widely used in various applications, including pumps, compressors, conveyors, and other machinery, where misalignment and shock absorption are important considerations. Their simple and effective design makes them easy to install and maintain, and they are available in various sizes and torque ratings to suit different power transmission requirements.
editor by CX 2023-10-10